Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft-Matte Hydrating Foundation on Acne Skin REVIEW


Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft-Matte Hydrating Foundation.


I really wanted to try this foundation when they first came out at Malaysian drugstores but I couldn't seem to find my perfect shade. I went to the stores to swatch them but I still couldn't make up my mind! After I went back and forth with no 60 & 70, I bought no 60 which perfectly matches me. Sandy Beige is a light medium yellow base tone that will suit NC30 - NC35 (I am NC35 but I think I've became fairer IDK lol). Comes in a small tube, 30ml and retails around RM30++. The foundation claims to deliver seamless, buildable coverage, hydrates skin, shine free, spot free, even and healthy looking face which could stay on up to 12 hours of use. Lets continue with the review:



1. Scent - It has no scent.



2. Consistency - It has a gel whipped velvety texture, which makes it very easy to blend especially when using the fingers. I found that application with a brush would waste the product away. It's very lightweight too.



3. Coverage - Medium, buildable but couldn't cover heavy pigmentation. It covers my skin up to 3 hours max with a setting powder on. No apparent oxidation.



4. Verdict - I'm not a fan. It might be because my skin was acting up when I tried it for the first time..so I'm kind of really on fence with this foundation. It applies really nicely on my skin, does not look cakey and somehow manages 'fill in' the holes and pores on my face so I'd get a very seamless looking coverage. EXCEPT, it does not go well on my dry patches (see third picture). My face was flaring with pimples and new scars so it looked very patchy on those areas.



I know that this foundation is one of those 'FOR-PERFECT-SKIN-DAY-USE-ONLY'. Obviously, I'm not looking for that. I want something that I could use on daily basis regardless of how my skin would turn up that day so sadly, no matter how much I tried to love it, this foundation is not really for me. 💔

Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft-Matte Hydrating Foundation


See the terrible dry patches????

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts