Friday, December 26, 2014

SEPHORA VIP PASS EYESHADOW PALETTE Review and Tutorial for Beginners

Hello!

Today I am going to be reviewing the Sephora VIP Pass Eyeshadow Palette that I have bought for MYR 36 from newly opened IOI Mall Putrajaya's Sephora branch. I have bought this palette as I needed to make up my sister in law on her wedding day and I figured that this palette should be enough to create a natural look for the wedding theme. 

Below are the 8 colors available in the palette. Those colors are super gorgeous but they are a bit shimmery. Although the colors are quite shimmery, it could appear as matte as well with correct application by using eyeshadow brushes. The colors are not as pigmented as compared to other high end brands, you could easily see below swatches made by my fingers. 



Swatches that I have numbered accordingly.
I went for a natural look from this palette even though they are not as good as compared to natural look done by using other pigmented eyeshadows. But I think this palette is perfect enough for beginners under budget considering the price and the quality offered by Sephora in house brand. 

TUTORIAL FOR BEGINNERS (Pardon the eyebrow! :p)

1. Primer your eyelid and start to apply shade number 1 or 2 onto your lid from the lash line to brow bone.


2. You can highlight using the light/neutral shade onto you eyelid crease, under your eye and under the eyebrow. 


3. Apply a darker shade, use shade number 3 or 4 depending on your skin color (I am using number 4 as I am a bit dark, my shade is warm beige) to the outer corners of your eyes and blend it carefully as per below.

 4. Use shade number 3/4 and apply it to the outer corner of lower lashes.


The natural look without any eyeliner. 


5. If you want to add a dramatic touch, you can apply shade number 7 onto your eyelid and blend it up to the crease. Use the eyeliner to complete the touch and you are ready!






Verdict

The palette is not as good as other pigmented eyeshadow but as I was saying just now it should be good for beginners who want to try and experiment with their make up skill (because I am a novice as well so this palette is a start up for me too)

I am rating it for 2/5 stars. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts