Thursday, December 4, 2008

English.

As you can see, I'm using English as my main language in this blog, ( Well, 98 percent of it is in English) - Which is extremely hard for me because irrevocably, English is my second language. And why is that? Okay, my surroundings are mostly Malays so I have to use Bahasa Melayu to talk to them. With exception, I did use English to some of them and eventually, I will end up being laughed or scrutinized for my grammar mistakes. And yeah, I have friends that usually talk in English with me, and they don't really mind if I talk weirdly, you get what I mean?

The main purpose of all these is to improve my English, as it becomes more crucial in our lives, to get good jobs, etc..etc. Also because when I want to talk - either in English or Bahasa, I will have to arrange the sentences in my head and then, I will calculate and replace unsuitable word to be used before the words come out from my mouth lol (I really suffered from these difficulties, firsthand it made me look stupid). Well and also, I have extensively unused vocabs in my mind which I think it will be such a waste if i don't really use them.

So, people. Will you help to correct me if i'm wrong? I'll be glad, honestly.

3 comments:

  1. yeah..same wif me..i use english 2 speak wif my non-malay frens..but only got a small number of malays in my sch who speak fluent english..they r seniors...i hardly speak wif malays in english bcoz they'll say im showing-off..close-minded!!!!ARGHHHH... dun ya think so??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, at least u have someone to talk to, i mean, in english. Like me, if I talk in english, I will look like an idiot. Ya, n show off.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts