Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Silent Melody by Mary Balogh


I laid my hands on Mary Balogh's Silent Melody for the first time on Saturday. I never read her writtings before and I don't know what to expect, so I decided to pick up the book when I read ALL ABOUT ROMANCE.com reviews on it. Okay, for the first to the tenth page, the story was kinda dragged with no fullstop. I mean, too fast for me to get to know the characters.
Then for the next pages I started to get familiar with Emily, the mute and deaf heroine who can read lips and Ashley, a guy that returns home to England and to the bosom of his family and Emily-of course, after several years in India. Even though he totally forgot her existence while he was in India, Ashley, tall, dark and requisitely handsome, has never had any problem communicating with Emily. Emily, deaf since a childhood illness, knows that Ashley is the only person who truly understands her. They develop a sign language all of their own and their love is like a living thing that leaps off the pages of the book to draw the reader into their story.
I dont know if you guys r really into historical romance, but I strongly recommend this book as a keeper , because I cried- CRIED through the halfway of the book. Truly, I can't stop crying from page 10 till page 160++, I simply can't resist the temptation to cry because Mary Balogh has beautifully written the novel even though it's lacked with dialogues. I mean, the heroine can't talk you silly , but how she defined her silent world and her feelings towards Ashley makes you really understand what the disables-deaf and mute are thinking.
I'll give this book 4.5 over 5 stars - The best Historical Romance I ever read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts