Sunday, January 1, 2017

Queen Helene Mint Julep/Mud Pack Masque/Cocoa Butter Scrub/Oatmeal & Honey/Nubian Heritage African Black Soap & Aztec Healing Clay Review

These are my brief thoughts on a few drugstore products that I have used since last year. Please note that what works on me might not work on you. I have an extremely oily skin and sometimes it gets dehydrated.

1. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.
- This is meant for oily and acne prone skin so this works like a charm on me! My skin freshens up everytime I use this mask but it didn't do much on my active acne. Cheap, smells like a minty toothpaste, a bit drier than Mud Pack Masque but it didn't irritate or dry my skin. I really recommend this to people with extremely oily skin.

2. Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque.
- Yesssss I totally recommend this on acne prone skin! I've used this as an overnight acne fix whenever I saw a new 'bump' starting to appear. Usually I would leave it until morning (although I know I'm not supposed to do that) and the bumps usually subsided. Sadly mine has expired and I didn't plan on restocking yet since I bought another mud mask to try.

3. Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Scrub.
- This is meant for extremely dry skin so my skin tends to produce extra oil and I would feel greasy so yes, not recommended for oily skin. I bought it just because it's a cocoa based product lol.

4. Queen Helene Oatmeal & Honey Scrub - Did what they're suppose to do, cleanse, remove dead skin and didn't dry my skin. Just your average skincare product.

5. Nubian Heritage African Black Soap.
- This soap is AMAZING. It controls my acne but of course I tend to get bored and would find other facial cleanser/soaps to try but I found myself keep coming back to this as a damage control lol. My whole family use this- Once, I used this to calm my daughter's eczema.

6. Aztec Healing Clay.
- Similar to Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque but a lil bit tedious/messy to use. It tightens my skin, I could not use it for more than 30 minutes. One bottle has a LOT of products and one tablespoon is enough to cover your whole face and it's soooo hard to take them off. I would use this mask on my body if I get bitten by bugs as it helps to sooth the irritation- FYI I have a very sensitive skin, bugs and mosquitoe bites gets inflammed infact sometimes they got as big as 50 cents coin



.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts