Saturday, January 16, 2010

Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas.


Yes I know- I KNOW this book is one of her old books but I could not resist. :)
I have to make a review on this wonderful novel. If you are a historical romance novel freak, you should get you hands on the book. And I am 1000% sure that you guys will love it!

I skipped the second volume of the wallflower series so I had no idea that the hero- Sebastian St Vincent is the extraordinary villain in that novel. But cut the rest- it's the third book here I am talking about. Yes, the third book. The story starts with Evie, the UNLIKELY heroine comes to St Vincent, the UNDISPUTABLE-IMMORAL rake to ask his hand for marriage. She needs him- and why him? to be her protector from the unchivalrous family of her. St Vincent, on his disadvantage (read the book! no spoilers :P) feels that he must marry no other than Evie when Evie enlighten him that her father will die- soon and she will get her inheritance for him, but in exchange- He must marry her.
Oooo yeah, I am rooting for both of them since the first page! I love how rakish St Vincent can be on Evie, and I love how innocent Evie can be on him! And I love how Evie overcome her shyness through the story, and how he open up his unsaveable heart to love Evie. It starts of with marriage of convenience and becomes so much deeper in the story- and I cried, I laugh, and I was amused, by the lines, the plot, and how Ms Kleypas delivered the story in Devil in Winter. And I was literally drooling when I planted my imagination to my head on his looks- Sebastian St Vincent (Gosh, his name sounds SEXAY too!). Here are some of unforgettable quotes that I found so amusing, and what make the book is worth reading :)
"Because I’m Sebastian, Lord St. Vincent. I can’t be celibate. Everyone knows that." -St Vincent
"“A lang, lang time ago…” MacPhee began, ignoring St.Vincent’s low groan, “there was a bonnie maid called Malvina. She was the betrothed of Oscar, the braw warrior who won her heart. Oscar bade his beloved tae wait for him while he went tae seek his fortune. But one black day Malvina received word that her lover had been killed in battle. He would lie forever in eternal rest in the faraway hills…lost in endless slumber…”
“God, I envy him,” St. Vincent said feelingly, rubbing his own dark-circled eyes."- St Vincent
And for this book, i'd love to give it my first 5/5. :D

2 comments:

  1. can you teach me how to read novels without "berenti setengah jalan"

    cuz i really can't or i'll end up skippin' chapters

    =_="

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...
    that one cannot be help lol =p
    try finding the kind of novels that u like. =D

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts