Thursday, June 25, 2009

Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas


Another contemporary romance novel from Lisa Kleypas, my favorite historical romance novel author ( alongside Julia Quinn, Judith Mcnaught, etc etc) and a third installment of Travises Saga.

Smooth Talking Stranger is a story about yet another Churchill Travis's son, Jack Travis. Jack Travis is the only soft-hearted family member in the Travises and as usual, one of the mega-millionaire in Houston, Texas and one of the family's uncomplicated playboy (oh yeah..). The story is told in Ella Varner's point of view, (Ella Varner is the heroine, here here)..

The plot started with an introduction of Ella Varner's perfect life, her boyfriend Dane, her job as a columnist until one day, Ella is disturbed with her mother's phone call, the flight and the new-born baby of her beautiful sister, Tara Varner. Dane comforts her to go to her mom, Candy Varner to help out and see what she can do about it, but its not easy for her as Candy is her living hell and the source of every single problem of her in the past.

She helps to babysit the new born baby, Luke and it leads to a meeting with Jack Travis, one of the candidates of Luke's father. Jack protests that he did not sleep with Tara, but Ella keeps pushing him to do the DNA test which eventually, he agrees to do it but there is something that Jack really wants from Ella....

I read this novel for 2 days, because I don't want the story to end! Ya, stuff like this happens when I read Lisa Kelypas's novels, and because I have read almost all of her novels, I couldn't bear with the fact that I won't be able to read her new story in a short while... sobs.

By the way, I'm going to quick review the novel (even though I kinda skipped Blue Eyed Devil, the second installment). The characters are well-depicted, and I love how Ms. Kleypas portrays Jack in the novel. The heroine, is quite okay, she's a tough one (yeah, I know I screamed those words in my mind,' WHY THE HELL YOU KEEP PUSHING JACK AWAY EVEN THOUGH HE'S NICE TO YOU!!!'). Ah, forgot to mention, Luke, the baby. Even though he could not talk at all, but every time he's in the scene, I smiled because he acts so cute and I don't think of him as a nuisance for both Ella and Jack, at all. And cameo of familiar characters from previous novels, too ( kinda as a follow up from previous stories).

The plot? hm.. okay, though. Won't tell you much because I can't spoil it for you, you have to spoil it yourself. :P But overall, I will give this book 4/5 stars. Not the best contemporary ever because I have read a better one than this, but you can consider Smooth Talking Stranger as a keeper. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts