Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Klepas


Wow.

That's what in my mind after reading Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas. In my previous post, I have mentioned that I kinda skipped this one, as this one is the second installment of Travises Saga. Well, thought about it and why not give this novel a try, though? And it turned out this is one of the best contemporary romance novels that I have ever laid my hands on.

Blue Eyed Devil is the story of Hardy Cates, the villain guy from the first book, Sugar Daddy and Haven Marie Travis, the only daughter of Churchill Travis. And as usual, the story is written from heroine's point of view where the plot starts off at Travis Mansion, celebrating Cage and Liberty's wedding (from Sugar Daddy). The characters are introduced neatly, both old and new, one by one as we get to know the relationship between Haven and Nick, her fiance and of course, our hero, the goddamn sexy Hardy Cates.

And why was I wow-ing this novel? Yeah, this book is also about how a woman, married and alone, deals with domestic, emotional and verbal abuse from her husband, not to mention that she has to deal with the narcissistic authority at her workplace, as well. I would like to say that actually, this novel touches the critical point of narcissism, where the person who has this type of personality disorder tends to think he or she is normal and does what is right, but actually the act itself is beyond norm and cruel. They are not aware of what 'normal' really is. And reading the novel, it was like I am in Haven's shoes, experiencing her suffering, and stuff.

One flaw that I could point out is the romance between Hardy and Haven, is kinda fast-paced and it can be longer, though. I mean, realistically, Haven or any women out there should take a little while to heal and stuff after they had gone through such a pain-in-the-ass experience.

Emm. Other than that, I will rate this novel as 4.5 stars. And seriously, definitely, a keeper. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Alice C.

I fall, and stand up again.
Subscribe Via Email

Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates to your inbox. ;-)


Your email address is safe with us!

Popular Posts